Monday, July 6, 2009

Introduction

I think most people my age would say they grew up with Disney animation--come to think of it, I suppose most people currently alive in the United States would say so. It occurs to me, though, that I'm not really familiar with all of the animated Disney movies. There are several that I've never seen at all, and quite a few more that I haven't seen since I was too young to have an informed opinion.

Well, that's about to change. I've decided to watch every Walt Disney Animation Studios feature film, in the order they were released. Why? Well, for one thing, I tend to like Disney movies, so I think it will be fun. And if I'm going to watch them, it will be interesting to start at the beginning and see what sort of themes come up repeatedly, and if there are any general trends in the films over time.

I'll document my impressions of each film on this blog, to give the endeavor some sense of structure. And because, hey, maybe you haven't seen Make Mine Music in a while either, and want to know if you should take another look.

I've put in a hold request at the library for 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I look forward to this!

---Edit, 7/10/09: Well, my library only had Snow White on VHS, and my family's VCR promptly destroyed it. (Come to think of it, I think the VCR is older than I am.) So I've put in an interlibrary loan request for the DVD, and should be able to get it in a couple weeks... According to Wikipedia, Disney's coming out with new Blu-Ray and DVD editions of this movie in October. I guess it's about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment